Friday, April 11, 2014

Yet another reason why my chances (for survival) look good for the Trans-Iowa Part X


Pre Trans-Iowa positive thought of the day…or ”puttin’ a positive spin on seemingly a hopeless situation.” 

Obese Heart Attack Patients Are More Likely To Survive After Treatment Than Normal Weight Patients

Date: June 22, 2007

Oxford University Press

Summary: Obese and very obese patients have a lower risk of dying after they have been treated for heart attacks than do normal weight patients, according to new research. Researchers found that amongst patients who had received initial treatment for a specific type of heart attack, those that were obese or very obese were less than half as likely to die during the following three years as patients who had a normal body mass index.

This is good news for me as I prepare for the upcoming trans-Iowa….

1 comment:

  1. I feel like we have not seen each other for a very long time. I have sprained my ankle, was using a cane, can no longer tolerate coffee, am graying, and all those rides in the winter have become my daily torment as all my joints hurt. Maybe we can dance together for a while in the next upcoming Trans Iowa. That should be like a shot of cortisone for us old Fartz.
    Can't wait to see you.
    Ari

    ReplyDelete

Comments?